We are pleased to welcome you to the Grands Boulevards Hotel.
Since its creation in 2018, we give a central place to the respect of the environment from the design of spaces and the choice of materials, and we implement everything daily to minimize the impact of our activity on the environment.
This charter was developed with our teams, we propose concrete actions that we have tested and approved together, without compromising your welcome and comfort during your stay with us - on the contrary!
- Our environmental manager has followed a specific training on the stakes of sustainable tourism, environmental protection and CSR;
- Our teams are trained to respect eco-actions in their daily tasks;
- We choose our providers and suppliers according to their sustainable and social commitments;
- We provide our customers with an educational display encouraging eco-friendly actions.
- We offer alternatives to limit car travel in Paris: information on Vélib stations, public transport routes, ecological vehicles.
- Our staff are available to meet the specific needs of people with reduced mobility and ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
- We have installed water savers/pressure reducers on our taps and showers to save water;
- We check our water and electricity consumption meters every month to better manage our usage;
- We have installed a water collector to water the green spaces and thus limit the use of drinking water.
- We replace each light bulb with a low consumption bulb and have already equipped a large part of our spaces;
- All of our lighting is LED, which allows energy savings and a similar comfort for our customers.
- We have installed presence detectors / timers in the common areas / corridors to limit energy waste;
- We are committed to the development of renewable energy (signing a contract with a green energy supplier).
- We have set up waste garbage baskets in the rooms to encourage waste sorting;
- Our common areas are also equipped with a sorting device;
- We sort all types of waste, even bio-waste, for our compost bin in the vegetable garden and use the services of an external composting partner for waste that cannot be composted directly in the garden;
- We work with a majority of products in bulk or in large packaging to limit unnecessary
- We are developing a partnership to offer hygiene and beauty products in glass bottles in order to reduce the production of plastic packaging waste;
- We set up educational displays to help our customers in their eco-friendly actions in accordance with local regulations;
- We offer vegetarian dishes on the restaurant menu and vegan on request, local and seasonal products, and we adapt to certain special diets;
- The menus of our restaurants/snacks propose organic and/or fair trade products. The products used for the maintenance of the facilities are ecolabelled, which offers a better quality of air and less risks for health;
- For the well-being of our teams and yours, we have banned bleach, which is irritating to the respiratory tract and toxic. We use ozonated water for the cleaning of the establishment;
- Our vegetable garden is each season a little more complete to enhance our bar and our restaurant.
- Our green spaces are maintained without pesticides and we use natural gardening methods (compost) to fight against weeds and insects;
- We have partnerships with local recycling centers and donate our former equipment/furniture.
- We have set up partnerships with solidarity and ecological associations allowing you to support their actions. We have chosen the Association Robert Debré and made a donation in 2023 dedicated to financing holidays in the mountains for ill children.
- Each year, we commit to new criteria to perfect our approach, do not hesitate to send us your suggestions!
Thank you in advance for supporting us in our approach during your stay.
We have started our labeling process with the Green Key label, which will allow us to validate all these great actions and others to come.